Saturday, January 10, 2009

AN update of sorts.

It’s 12am. I want to sleep so bad but I have to finish the script. I send it in tomorrow. The producer will take no excuses. The baby is still sleeping,Bless him, but anytime now he will wake. He is 7 months today but still wakes at night sometimes up to three times. It’s taking a toll on me. Mothers in the house, help!
My Christmas trip home was cool. My parents were amazing. I was fed, pampered for a week. Was back in Lagos before the new Year. I attended plenty parties. Enjoyed them all, the dance, the food, the people, the colour.
Once, I was an Okada major. Were I still one now, I would have bought my own helmet. Perhaps an inflatable one. Ain’t no way I would share helmets with a million Lagosians. And no, i don’t think I will disappear if I wear one but I worry about lice and other things. I’m becoming germophobic like headandaround.
I am job hunting but not very seriously. I am trying to take this writing thing to another level. I hope hunger no go kill me. Working from home is tough though because Igwe almost always calls, asking to check here and there for this and that or Igwe junior’s nanny would bring him claiming he wants bube. They don’t understand what the distraction does to me. And when I go to the office I share with Igwe, his friends keep coming; for the love of me,can I just check my mail, can I quickly burn a CD etc. More Distractions.
I am struggling to lose weight. I am now more sympathetic towards fat people. I didn’t know it would be this hard. Gym three times a week, very little to eat and the fat is still stuck on me. Maybe I will do drugs next.
I met a blogger. Online still. Great personality.
Happy new year everyone. May all good things come to you this year and always.

14 comments:

Writefreak said...

First to comment...how cool!

Happy new year my sister...hope you meet the deadlines!
I can attest to the fact that working at home is not easy at all without a kid o, not to talk of with a kid...power to you! lol

I have no tips since i have no experience ....

HAve a blessed 2009!

Afrobabe said...

Hapy new year babes...

I am also working from home and my probem is not the distractions...its the frequent need to eat...I stop work look around for something to nibble, at this rate I will be a size 20 soon...

aloted said...

happy new year..

sorry i have no tips o...as i no get experience for both matters (child and weight)

but i pray everything works out

Abujamaiden said...

Haven't met any bloggers. I know like 3 that I went to school with and rediscovered through blogville....

Have a Happy New Year and goodluck getting a new job, taking care of family and losing weight.

Switch (drastically reduce) the rice, bread, potatoes, yam and amala/garri/tuwo for beans, roasted-baked chicken and fish, fruit and vegetables.... Stop drinking fizzy drinks-coke, fanta, lacasera etc just juice and water.....works for me!!!!

FineBoy Agbero said...

Happy new yr o!!!

Weight loss? Go d way i did: water-therapy. YOu drink only water for 5 days and, I swear, d fat will disappear!

The cute baby? I havent got one, but i know a trick dat will work just fine. Tie him to his bed. But gag him first so he doesnt scream. No distractions anymore, I swear!
(and pls, dont try dat at home oooo)

Writefreak said...

@ fine boy agbero

lol @ yuor ridiculous suggestion! You wan kill the child???

The Activist said...

Desiring to be better and looking for a better opportunity is good now. Hunger no go kill you. I hope you find what you are looking for. All the best

It's never easy to lose wait but you have to give it your all if you want good result.

Kisses to your son

For the love of me said...

@writefreak, I'm happy I'm not alone in this working at home matter.
@afrobabe, yeah I saw your interview at standtall's im impressed.Carry go!
@aloted,both experiences are likely to come together,the child and the weight.
@abujamaiden,hmmmm, you no wan make I chop again abi.
@fineboy agbero, shey you wan make the entire igwe clan come find me for Lagos.meanwhile I get proposition for you.
@standtall,thank you, I will continue to give it my best shot.

Writefreak said...

Working at home is full of distractions men, i'm thinking of breaking out of it very very soon...some days i feel like i smell of house...

How's the baby? And chairman?

Jinta said...

happy new year. good luck with the deadline...and the gym

In my head and around me said...

I see that you are picking up things from me or is it mohterhood? I haven't gotten on a bike in years but I am going to get a helmet just in case. You can come and rent it when you want.

Sorry to hear about the weight. Just give it some time. Your body went through something major..give it time.

Bola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bola said...

Hi Babes! There is a saying...'be careful what you wish for coz you just might get it'. Too true. I read your blog and my heart went out to you. But I couldnt help thinking...we wish for the white picket fences (or barb wire becoz of armed robbers in Naija's case!) The Prince Charming and ofcourse Baby Charming then reality strikes! Where in the world am I going to get time to function as a professional on my job, rush home to nurse baby and rev the engine and be sexy for Prince (I mean Igwe?!) That my dear is the question women have been trying to answer for God knows how long. But I toss the coin to the other side and I see Single Miss getting home late to a big, dark (thanks to NEPA!)empty house. She has accomplished all she can in the office, is Staff of the Year, has all the latest shoes and clothes in her wardrobe (coz she doesnt have to buy diapers and stuff yet) is pencil slim, not a hair out of place but she is ALONE! My dear she would give anything for Chairman to snore loudly beside her at night or whisper sweet nothings in her ear, for those chubby baby hands to ruffle the perfectly coiffered hair and for some noise (apart frm the TV) to liven the dead silence in the house! So what's it gonna be? which would you prefer? Dont worry, this too shall pass.

Joy Isi Bewaji said...

lol! dear, kids come in different fashion. my first kid would wake up until she was one! but my second stopped waking up at 3 months... dont worry its only for a while...

happy new year!