Thursday, January 29, 2009

Back in Naija

I am happy to be home. My son was ecstatic to see his momma. Unfortunately, I have to travel again soon without him. I feel bad particularly as he is a little unwell. I pray that he will be fine soon.

At the airport, I always see people packing and repacking their bags. Don't they have scales at home? I find it really not nice.

I met a blogger,loomnie in Birmingham. i was initially skeptical, what with his intellectual blog, I thought he would be a bore but surprisingly, he was fun.

RE: The arrested goat.

Because I am Nigerian, I do not completely dismiss the possibility of a human turning into a goat or any other animal for that matter. I however think that police work is serious work and should be taken as such. There should first of all have been an investigation such as: was a goat missing, or was a man missing, has this ever happened? etc. They are police men for heaven's sake not court jesters.

7 comments:

miz-cynic said...

i wonder abt the overload thing too...even beforei had a scale i neva carry overload to airport

abt the goatie:-i agree...they could have secretly kept the goat for observation/investigation without announcing their seeming foolishness to the whole world and risk luking ridiculous.

Ayodele Alofe said...

Having repacked my bag at the airport before, I speak from experience when I say lack of scales has nothing to do with it.
There are last minute things that come up that warrants it. Besides unless you have two boxes of about the same size you may well run into that trouble if one bag is bigger regardless of their combined weight....

On goatie can you tell me when investigative policing began in Nigeria?

The Activist said...

Welcome back!

I wonder why they needed to make the goat thing a national disgraceful issue. We need to respect ourselves and really try to keep some beliefs to ourselves

In my head and around me said...

Nno!

Et tu Brute? Heard on the news today that two Owls entered a courtroom in lagos during a hearing and everyone (including jusdge scattered). Nigerians will not kill me with laughter.

Afrobabe said...

Hope you had a nice trip love...awww imagine having to leave ur kid while he was sick...

that goat thing...I just feel its silly, cant even begin to believe it....

For the love of me said...

@headandaround, why is your profile not available.

NneomaMD said...

i personally think this goat issue would make an interesting subject for a film