Thursday, January 22, 2009

Winter

Fortunately it's not so cold here.

My graduation is tomorrow. Yippie, I did it. I almost didn't graduate you know but Jehovah did it.

I didn't come with my boys because of plenty tory. I miss them plenty.

I just finished a short film on the childwitch brouhaha. I couldn't reach the guy(the one who supposedly killed 100 witches) but he claims he was paid to say that. While I don't completely believe him, I have never entirely believed the documentary. Even NIJ teaches better journalism than that.
I also found that most of those babies/kids portrayed as abandoned by their parents were orphaned children and most if not all are in homes.
I have seen enough of British press to know how they manipulate stuff. That's why I decided to dig some more and I am not finished yet.

yes, there are several of these pastors about who call these kids witches but they all take money and supposedly cast the witchcraft out. If the nailing of a kid happened, I didn't find the culprit or anyone who witnessed it.

Calling a child a witch is now a crime in Akwa Ibom. Parents and pastors alike will be inprisoned.

The other side of the story is that so many people tried to get me to change the script to infer that childwitches truly exist. So a lot of people believe in it. Some of the cast claimed to have witnessed it.

I'm out.

PS.
Does anyone live in Birmingham, my brother is new here and hasn't yet discovered the African shop. And I counted pennies before coming. Help!

16 comments:

Ayodele Alofe said...

Na wa about those who tried to make you change the story... human beings are so....argh!

Afrobabe said...

What hurt the most about the story was the way they made it sem like it was happening all over naija...yeye people....their stories are always manipulated especially when it has to do with Africa...


So cold no dey catch u???

LG said...

congrats on ur graduation dear'
@ documentary' do wat u have to do jare

loomnie said...

Nice thing you've done with the film. Hope we can get to see it....

I am actually in Birmingham at the moment... New too though, but it would be nice to explore with someone else. You could tell your brother to leave a message for me at http://loomnie.com/contact/ If he leaves his number I will call him and we can arrange to meet....

aloted said...

first of all congrats on ur graduation

when is the short film coming out?

In my head and around me said...

You did it!

And wow! at digging deeper into the story. When can we see your work?

The Activist said...

Congrats on your graduation

Hmmm so they fabricated the witch child story? I know that our people too cling to beliefs like that, that's why I thought it was real

FineBoy Agbero said...

Shame on d British press o... so u don disappear abi? d project wey we suppose do nko??? when u dey come back?

achoiceofweapons said...

There are Spiritual Beings, Angels and Demons. They exist! But keep a discerning mind. Spiritual things are Spiritually discerned. Use the guide that God (IAM) has given you, the Bible and Prayer. And for those Pastors that are fruads! BEWARE!

Blessings!
Mista Jaycee

Jinta said...

glad you took the time to investigate. you're probably right about the manipulation of the press

there is however no smoke without fire, i think, and the ban on calling children witches indicates there was indeed some abuse going on

re the african shop. i have an idea! send me a couple of thousands and i will do the shopping for you in london and send it on by cab (you dont even have to recompense me)

For the love of me said...

@ayodele, mindeth them not.
@afrobabe, yes, it gives them pleasure to make keep us in the animal kingdom.Cold dey cath meoo but nt as bad as i thought it wld be.
@lg.thank you.
@loomnie,I left you an email. I went to leicester though to buy my palm oil and tings.
@aloted. Thankyou.Don't know when film'll be out but will keep you posted.
@headandaround.Thank you, thank you, the work'll be out soon.
@standtall, no they didn't fabricate the witch storyooooo, yes our ppl believe in it a lot. They just manipulated their interviewees and stuff, it's nt half as bad as they made it.The pastors 90% of the time claim to deliver these kids so the issue of abandonment is minimal if it exists at all. For these fake pastors, its abt money, if they call a kid a witch and dnt deliver her, what's the point? Who will pay them?
@Fineboy agbero, walai if I catch you, I will whip your behind. I mailed you, left you offlines, rang you, and not a response from you.
@mista jaycee, Well said. That's why I insist people must read the Bible or koran whatever it is they believe in and understand it for themselves. Too many fakes out there. I've met so many in the past weeks.

Shishi said...

IM HAPPY FOR YOU...

Writefreak said...

Congrats on your graduation my sister!

And well done on the movie, will you let us know what you find out?

For the love of me said...

@jinta, how did I miss your comment the first time? Yes, I did agree that the abuse exists. I simply found out the press exaggerated, over exaggerated gan.
I should send money to you eh, Ah, jinta!
@writefreak. Thank you my sister.
@shishi.Thanks a bunch

Waffarian said...

Congrats oh! Can't wait to see the film.

NneomaMD said...

CONGRATS!!!!