Monday, January 26, 2009

What a laugh.

Police parade goat as robbery suspect E-mail
Written by Demola Akinyemi
Friday, 23 January 2009

*For attempting to ‘steal’ a Mazda car

It was a shocking sight yesterday as men of the Kwara State Police Command paraded a goat as an armed robbery suspect.

Image
The goat "robbery suspect"

For more on this see vanguard.

Ah Nigeria, my beloved Nigeria. When shall we break free from the holds of superstition. This goat belongs in my pot for heaven's sake. It will be perfect for asun and here it is awaiting trial.
The goat "suspect" is being detained over an alleged attempt to snatch a Mazda car. The mysterious goat, according to the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Tunde Mohammed, while briefing bewildered journalists at the Force headquarters, is an armed robber who attempted to snatch the said car, Wednesday night, and later transformed into the goat in a bid to escape arrest.

12 comments:

LG said...

lollllll 9ja

For the love of me said...

@lg.update ur blog nah. I keep going there to find nothing

Olufunke said...

I was suprsied too when I saw the news, I keep wondering what our soceity has turned to.
And our police are proudly parading a goat about as thier robbery suspect?
Infact............I'm short of words........

Writefreak said...

OMG! I didn't read it though i thought it was a joke when someone mentioned it
Naija we hail thee!

LovePaprika said...

i saw this oh... naija is tew mahd lol

NneomaMD said...

people are so entertaining....

In my head and around me said...

No words...I am too tired of ignorance to speak.

FineBoy Agbero said...

Up Naija!!!
Norrin do us!

But by the way, is it impossible for the suspect to have transformed? We believe in Christian miracles, included the transfiguration and supernatural transportation. We believe in the magic of the white man's science. Why do we then label local "miracles" or feats of power as superstition? Against a Western consciousness? Does that not rob us of our own identity? Just wondering sha....

Afrobabe said...

lol...naija for real..

Ayodele Alofe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ayodele Alofe said...

I could not agree more with Fineboy Agbero. I do think that Nigerians have a propensity to believe in the mystical a lot and the lines can become blurry sometimes but this does not mean the mystical does not exists because it does!

Nonesuch said...

@Fineboy Agbero & Ayodele Alofe I couldnt agree with you more. BTW Fineboy Agbero update your blog or start a new one.

I strangely believe that the suspect transformed into a Goat and I wonder why we think its impossible.

The Millions who attend MFM alone is proof to the fact that we not only believe in the supernatural we as a people also think they are after us and they must die.

What interest me is for how long the Goat can remain a Goat or if there is a Super medicine man in Oja Oba or Okelele area of Ilorin who can change him/her back by dropping his rod like Moses and the Egyptains did in the Courts of Pharoah. Just thinking.

BTW what are they feeding the Goat?