Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My christian post

I am a christian. I believe God in totalty.I live life knowing that the bible is true. If he said it, then it is true. And if he asked it of us, then we should obey. Even in seemingly little things as not calling people fools, not worrying, not stealing even a pen from work etc. It is of course, only by His grace.
I am very tolerant of other religions, beliefs as long as it is not going to harm the next person. To each his own. I hardly ever preach to non-christians, my life should be the message. I strongly believe that if 30% of christians were really christians,then 70% of unbelievers would convert.
I am also very unsympathetic towards 'christians' who come crying foul about how one pastor or the other decieved them into having sex, or someting of the kind. I recently read on NVS about some foreigner telling all she went through at TB Joshua's hand. I just do not get it, how lazy can Christians be, read the freaking Bible silly and you won't be tossed to and fro. Nonsense! Christ has invested in you the power to heal, to get wealth, to trample upon snakes and scorpions, to show love, to be free etc. Just spend a little more time in prayer and stop running off to pastors at the slightest sign of wahala. You would be amazed at just how much power God has invested in you. While I am not deemphasizing the need for pastors, I am instead emphasing the need for Christians to build a personal relationship with Christ. If we knew God for ourselves, there will be no business for child witch hunters or TB Joshua's of this world.
Much as I am fascinated by healing, I believe that the most important message Christ preached was love. Love yourself.Love your neighbor as you love yourself. As we celebrate the yuletide, my prayer is that we will all learn to love ourselves more and in the same vein, love our neighbors.
DO SOMETHING KIND FOR SOMEONE THIS SEASON, LET'S PASS A SMILE ACROSS MANY FACES.

11 comments:

Afrobabe said...

yes oh...I am also a christian and really hate it when one's conversation is full of.."my pastor said"...dont get me wrong, ur pastor is a man of God but he is also only human just like u and likely to make human errors...listen to ur own head once in a while...

In my head and around me said...

Well said. It is like 419 where most of the victims were actually victims of their own greed. We human beings are so damned lazy!!

aloted said...

totally feeling this post

The Activist said...

Dearie, u made a lot of sense here.

Here in Nigeria, I have seen the way pple look for miracle at all cost. I know that there are a lot of issues and hardship to deal with but what I dont get is people refusal to think things thru and to check things with God themselves instead of believing and trusting someone else beyond God

If u go around in public transport epscially the "Molue" in Lagos Nigeria. U will be amazed at what people sell and what pple by inside the bus

Some pple fall victims out of thier naivity, greed, lack of fore sight, laziness etc

olusimeon said...

i just found your blog o..i totally agree with u on this...
lets not be lazy no more...

LG said...

preach it sista'

Writefreak said...

i am a christian and believe in God, with every fibre of my being!
It is when people start looking for miracles instead of the God of miracles that they fall into fake pastor's traps...they should read their bibles, i agree!

Merry christmas and a happy new year in advance..

hope you're fine

Waffarian said...

Merry Christmas dearie! How is the lovely baby?

Lots of love

=♥...IamShhh...♥= said...

I'm with you on this one!! great blog! please update!

Abujamaiden said...

Been a while since i came to your blog....Thanks for this post.

Even we bloggers commit the crime of calling ourselves christians when our 'blogs' or 'bloglives' show otherwise.

I attend an old Orthodox Church (think Baptist, ECWA, Methodist) and so we don't really do the MY pastor thing. I have relatives that are higly attached to 'pastors' with their solo 'minitries' who have ended up being fraudulent.

Abujamaiden said...

So I just trust in God and pray that the Pastor of by parish speaks God's word.