Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day 3 and .......

Part 1. Charlie Checkpoint Museum. something someone made, looks like an Okada. He escaped with it with his son strapped to his chest.


A handmade plane. was also used to flee germany.
Someone hiding in a loudspeaker box. That's how he made it past the border.



Another hiding spot.



Tied to these cylinders are balloons,well something that looks like balloons. People tied themseleves to the strings and ... I really can't remember how it worked but it did.






Part 2. Beautiful berlin.
















My roommate and I skipped classes this morning and decided to see the town instead. Here is what we saw.
The Charlie checkpoint museum was a bit depressing. A bitter reminder of what man is capable of. The sufferings of innocent men and women and children have all been preserved. It reminded me of Biafra. I wondered who is better off; Germany who has kept the sad memories and unashamedly invites people to see it or Nigeria who has done everything to make us forget Biafra or act like it didn't happen.
There aren't many people who go shopping, actually there aren't many people in Germany. Particularly absent are children. I have seen more dogs than kids since I got here. The shops are beautiful.This galleria, I think is the most beautiful shop I have ever seen. It had five floors. All I could afford there was chocolate.


8 comments:

miz-cynic said...

how is it in a whole shop,all one can afford would bbe chocolateas , tht in itself is typical of germans...sadistic lots

LG said...

9ice pix
BTW wey mr razzy,fat man abi naim dey inside dat drum? ::

For the love of me said...

@mizćync,its not the germans faultooo, it's my own fault for being broke.
@lg, I have his pics somewhere, thot I put it up. will find it.

Bola said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bola said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jinta said...

lol @ being able to afford only chocs. serves you right for skipping class

In my head and around me said...

I see you are having a ball. Enjoy!

Enkay said...

Loved viewing your pictures. 'Tis clear you are truly enjoying yourself. Hope it's not too cold?

First time here!