Wednesday, March 10, 2010

When is it enough?

Lately, I have been thinking. Really thinking.
In another five years do I still want to be putting on the generator? Do I want my son growing up shouting 'UP NEPA'. (He already does) or do I want to do something about it? I have a few options: Migrate to a 'civilised' country, retire early to a remote village or force the government to do something about it. Needless to say, I took the last option.
It's no longer enough to sit down and nag about NEPA or PHCN, it's time to act.
It doesn't matter if you don't live here or if you have three passports, as long as Nigeria flows in your veins either by birth or blood, then NIgeria is your home and is yours to build. Recently in the Birmingham, a friend of mine took me round the city in his car, there's a Nigerian flag there, he has a British passport but he flies the Nigerian flag. In the train as well, a white boy asks a Bengali girl, where she is from, she says London, and he says, nope, I mean where are you originally from?
The Enough is Enough campaign hits Abuja streets on the 16th of March,2010. If you cannot attend, can you at least sponsor someone? so that when Nigeria improves, we can all nod our heads in pride, saying, I was a part of that change.
These psychos in power will never do good except we implore them to, I am ready to, Are you?
www.enoughisenoughnigeria.com

7 comments:

LucidLilith said...

...that was what lightup Nigeria tried to do..but nothing happened. Nothing.

For the love of me said...

It is to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all. I won't even say that nothing happened with light up Nigeria, it probably gave rise to enough is enough as it made people realise that they can all start demanding for change.Enough is enough may well give rise to other pressure groups. It may seem slow but change is coming. As my people say tep tep ayongo abang.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

FTLOM, how now? Going to include this post on the list of bloggers talking about this.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Writefreak said...

I'm reading this post late, but i am one of the people saying Enough is Enough..Nigeria can and will work!!!

Misstarii said...

I love how you guys love your country...kinda lost a little hope in mine

La Reine said...

Enough has been Enough for a long time. We'll see if anyone actually does anything about it.

All it takes is One. A million marching men started with One.

Unknown said...

Light up Nigeria

Enough is Enough.