Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Uncensored

That should actually have read unedited. Just bits and pieces of stuff.


Sanusi and the highway thieves.


I got that from a book-samankwe and the highway thieves. Wonder how many of you read it?

So Sanusi or CBN has sacked 5 bank chiefs. I find it very embarassing and disturbing. Particularly on the part of Ibru and Akingbola who are regular speakers at their churches. Someone must have redefined christianity while I slept or how else do you explain the fraud, and yes, I insist it is fraudulent to give loans to non-credible people, I understand Ibru recently acquired a bank in Sao-Tome and her sons all had ghost companies which they used to borrow money from Oceanic. Depositors money! They should be tried and if found guilty, treated as common criminals.

However, there is something uncanny about Sanusi's approach, about his urgency and about the concentration on these five banks. Having been Nigerian long enough, I know that he has got something up his sleeve. There have been many rumours: they want to sell the banks to Northerners, they want to use the banks to secure a loan from IMF, he is settling a personal vendetta and so on and so forth.
Nigeria really has me baffled, while I believe that crimes must be punished, I do think that when it concerns public interest, one must thread softly. So Sanusi says these banks are on the virge of collapse, and with the same voice, he plans an international roadshow where he intends to market said banks to would be investors. I need someone to explain it to me like I am a four year old.
A very bad marriage
I have watched a friend battle with a very bad marriage. The evil that some men do has absolutely no bounds. The beatings, the threats to her life etc. Her story would give any one goose bumps. Finally, though there's been progress. There's been a restraining order on him and the divorce case is in court. This is a cry out to women, please, please, please do not marry an extremely jealous, violent, poor, heavy drinking etc man.

Centage talent hunt
I watched Centage talent hunt run by Kennis music. I don't know what it is that makes us Nigerians not do things well, Just how hard can it be? Don't they watch other shows, don't they understand that the judges are much a part of the show as the contestants? The judges are Jimmy Jatt, kenny Saint 1 and sme other guy I have never seen. They all wear some funny looking glasses, this is something I can't understand, how are they supposed to have eye contact with the contestants when they are wearing dark glasses? or they don't think eye contact is important? Those judges are so boring, all talk the same. I hope I never come across the show again.

Light up Nigeria
I went into the group last night and was reading the comments. Some Andrew guy is insisting Nigeria can never have constant power supply. I thought the group was for us hopefuls who want to come together and see how we can find a solution. If you don't believe in a cause, why do you join the cause? Naijans sha. someone mentioned that that's how it was said that a black can never be president yet....
Nigeria will have constant power supply. All of us who believe in this country will see to it.

P/S
I apologise for the layout of this post-something to do with my browser.

0 comments: