Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Nigeria must be the toughest country to live in. Okay, scratch that as I remember being stuck in Khartoum, Sudan sometime ago.
This morning after driving many miles to drop my car off at the service centre somewhere very far away, I come back home and settle down to write. But of course there is no electricity, and the generators won't start. I apply my little knowledge of machines and get one to work. Thirty minutes after it dies. Pray tell, how do two gens pack up at once, particularly at a time when I have a deadline? So I come to my office, and believe this, the gen isn't working either, Is this what it means to be jinxed? I use the small gen with my heart in my mouth as it has blown up two of my power packs previously.
I put the lapy to charge and off to lunch I go at my buka only to discover they have been closed down by the council or something for having an unclean environment. While this is a good thing, why today that for the love of me is starving and broke and pressed for time?
I am back with my lapy only I can't find the strength to write and my client is calling me incessantly as I have already been paid for the job. I am just staring at the screen, it'll soon be time to hit the gym, I hope no surprises await me there or I will just book into mountain of fire for deliverance.
Sat-3 is down, whatever that is. Starcomms is one of the few functional internet provider in this country at the moment and the speed is....... Only in Nigeria, walai.

5 comments:

Writefreak said...

O ga my sister...it is well..electricity has been fairly constant here, we thank God!
Pele.

doll (retired blogger) said...

this sat3 is paralyzing businesses right now...why and how is everyone connected to Sat3 anyways..

Your car must be Honda...only them have their service centre far from civilization

Unknown said...

its okay

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

you are AWOL and that is so not fair. Come on back!

Myne said...

But Sat 3 is back up, so where are you?