Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Just Talk


On Dragon's den

So I watched dragon's den some nights ago. Hmmmmm. I used to watch the Uk version, my brother and I considered buying the franchise to air in Nigeria. Someone beat us to it. Now, If I wasn't previously worried about the Nigerian Educational system, now I am alarmed. something has to be done and urgently too. The entreprneurs or wannabe entrepreneurs were just plain annoying. No proper research. Very bad presentations, I don't understand it, how do you go asking people to give you millions and yet you do no homework. One of the guys claimed to be a photographer, when asked what training he had, he said he had attended some workshops and read some books on photography no specifics given. Another was asked something about the sales of her product, she said she's only the designer so she couldn't provide any figures? Yet another money seeker was asked what percentage of his biz, he was putting on the table, he hesitated, then said 30%. One of the dragons asked him if he hadn't thought of that before, and he answered in the affirmative. Now, don't people know when to lie?
I wasn't interested in most of the ideas so I can't remember them but the presentatation bothered me a lot. I know that basic education in this country sucks but if one has spent time brewing a business idea(no matter how crappy), isn't it only proper to do put in a little effort into the idea and into one's self?
PS. I do not think that dragon's den is necessarily a representation of the average Nigerian enterpreneur.

On Chilerem
That is my son's name. I know I have announced his birth like a hundred times on this blog. Forgive me if I have started to bore you. This part is inspired by afrobabe's and florida's recent post on Christ. On the fourth month, I was rushed to hospital for bleeding sillylily, doc did his examination and announced that I was about to miscarry. They put me up and waited.Now that happened to be the day Igwe was coming in. There he was at the airport,excited to be seeing his round wife soon, only to be told, the roundness would be gone by the time he arrives. We refused to accept it,and prayed and prayed and prayed. I know the exact moment I was healed, the blood ceased. A scan was done, baby was fine, no trace of blood nor its origin. igwe arrived in the evening. I was still round.
I say this to encourage someone, it don't matter what you are going through orwhat you are looking up to God for,just hold on,help is on the way.

I leave you with the video below. He is my brother in law so you must like itoooo. Just kidding, its okay to be sincere.

10 comments:

Afrobabe said...

lmao @ the naija dragons den but trust me its not just in naija..the ones here are as annoying...

wow, Thats a great testimony there oh...soooooo so glad everything turned out well babes...

Afrobabe said...

Your kid is sooooo cute...couldn't watch the video, I thiks its my computer...will check it out later

Waffarian said...

What a cutie!!!! He looks like an Igwe already oh!Great to see his face and I am so happy for you! This is just the begining of many more magical moments. Give a big hug and kiss to the baby. Love, love, love.

For the love of me said...

@afrobabe and waffarian, thank you, thank you. He got his good looks from his mum.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

awwwww!!! Chilerem is a cutie!!! Abeg, when did you give birth to that child because im resemble wise, alert old man with lots of baby fat already. lol!

He is so sweet!!!!

NikkiSab said...

God is ever wonderful and kind!!! D power of prayers shd neva b under estimated. Igwe Jnr is soo cuddly...lol

doll (retired blogger) said...

I agree, iv watched just one episodes and the dragons annoyed the crap out of me. Thanx 4 sharing ur story; am sure it would reach out to someone somehw

Smaragd said...

awwww, i love babies especially cute ones!

i saw Deragon's den only once and decided not to bother my eyes anymore!

that is a timely testimony u gave dearie, i needed those words...

Abujamaiden said...

@ Dragons, its very embarrassing especially when it is aired internationally just like the UK et al were aired at home.

Nigerians would just be bundled up by the world as illiterates. Though the show doesn't quite represent us....

Unknown said...

Congrats on the birth of your baby after what appears to have been a worrying time for you.

I have not seen the Nigerian version of dragon's den. It does not sound good though.

Take good care and greetings to your family.

I would be interested in the main findings from your dissertation and wonder if you'd consider doing a post on it - particularly naija blogging trends, impact and influence, any major differences b/w us in diaspora and those back at home?

Only If/when you've got the time of course. I know you've got your hands full as a new mother:-)