Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It was a good year

Okay, So I'm just having my own thanksgiving. It is in no particular order.

This year Igwe and I celebrated our first anniversary. Something I wasnt sure we would do. Those couples who go five years without a first fight, how on earth do they do it?. Igwe and I fought so much in the first three months, we thought the marriage would crash. We were coming from very different backgrounds and it was tough living together. But love saw us through and here we are, one year after, wondering what it was we were fighting about anyway. I thank God for my marriage, for my husband, he is such a good man. He doesn't pass an accident scene, it scares me to hell, knowing Lagos, but he insists he took an oath, life must come first. And his family, they are such amazing people. May God bless them all.

My mother used to have severe knee ache, at some point she could barley walk. She saw so many professionals but no show, then one day Mama calls, says the pain is all gone. She discovered some container that you put water inside, and it changes the water to medecine, naturally Igwe thinks it's bull. My brother thinks its her mind, says the pain may have been caused because she was worrying too much, now she has an in-law and a grandson, she is much more relaxed and has forgotten about the pain. I do not care for the reason, I just thank God that my mum is well. And my father, he doesnt even suffer from the common cold. They are so healthy, independent, content. I bless God for them.

This year my sister had a baby boy. He is so adorable and has brought us all so much joy.

I have the best friends in the world, they are always there for me, wishing me well, praying me through a tough situation. I thank God for them.

We made some good money from the NSE this year. Amazing returns. And lost some too mostly through those wonder banks. Yes me tooo, I wanted to use 100k and make a million, no be thief I be?

This year I also acquired a brand new car. There are some things I have never bought, phones, perfumes, cars and yet I always have them. My sis gave me my first car, we had a great time, the car and I, then the car got upset, and developed mood swings,overheating today, injector wahala tomorrow, eventually Igwe got tired of being called to come save me from obscure locations so he sold the car and bought me another, tear rubber. I am just so thankful.

This year we lost our baby, it was such a tough time but God saw us through it. I also found that most women do not survive placenta abruptio so it could have been much worse, na so I for just die without winning the nobel. I thank God for life even for pain because I know He can never give us more than we can bear.

I thank God for my blog family. I have met so many wonderful people here. May God bless you all. This will probably be my last post for this year as Igwe is coming so I'm off to my third honeymoon. Have a merry Christmas everyone and a wonderful new year. Please say a prayer for Nigeria as we cross into the new year, for Yardy, the governors, ministers etc, If God can use anything, He can use them to make Nigeria great again.

And to everyone who is going through pain, I leave you with this song, I listened to it over and over during my bereavement and it gave me hope. I dedicate it to positive girl. May you be blessed now and always.

15 comments:

Ms. Catwalq said...

I thank God you made it through

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, a lovely song.I remember replying to someone's post that God can never give you more than you can bare and you bring me proof.Thank you very much.Dont worry many more babies on the way.love you.

cinnamonqueen said...

What an inspiring post!

myne said...

Next year will be the best you've had so far.

Femme said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Flourishing Florida said...

eh ya!!! pele, love. hope u r ok now. thank God 4 ur husband. i like it wen i hear ladies say that their men r 'good men'. it may not sound m&b-romantic, but it tells u dat dat goodness is going to be around a lot longer than 'piercing stares that sent shivers down ur spine'. happy new year & enjoy urself

Comrade said...

He makes all things beautiful in his time. Wishing you a Happy New Year

In my head and around me said...

Happy New Year! All the Best.

I'll call you soon. Just that you scare me with your not wanting to get off the phone. I need to save up so that I can accomodate you.

Jinta said...

Thank God for last year, this year will be better. Amen.

Now, update!!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

The Lord is definitely merciful. Season's Greetings and GOd bless

For the love of me said...

@ everyone, thanx for all the good wishes, I promise I will update soon.
@ in my head, i happen to know how much credit is in your phne, so quick, call me.
Happy new year everyone.

Simi Speaks said...

Am glad you are doing well. Those first two years of marriage are always tough. Sorry to hear about ur miscarriage. This year will be your year to smile. You will deliver a healthy baby girl or boy. Whichever your heart desires! Amen.

Take care

Anonymous said...

Happy new year love...Hope you are ok.

Thirty + said...

I thank God for you o.