Saturday, January 27, 2007

God,Pease let me play God for just one day

A few days ago, a friend of a friend was stabbed by area boys at Apongbon,She bled to death.

I am seething with anger at the government, at our leaders because the killers will not be found. And tomorrow another person might just may fall victim. Police reports confirm that attacks occur at Lagos island everday and they advise us to avoid the area. what if I cant avoid it? what if I work there,should I quit cos our security system is Zero?

The deceased made a 1st class. She had a good job, a baby of about one and a dear husband. She is what you would call an asset to the nation. If we are not loosing our talents to the Western world, we are loosing them to crazy deaths.

I am angry. I cannot describe how angry I am. I can only show it. Lord please, Let me be God, for just one day,one day is all I ask.

4 comments:

In my head and around me said...

I heard about this story a few days ago but could not had no story for the victim. Not that it was important, her death is still as painful.

So this young mother who struggled to get everything that would make her "viable" has had her life snatched because of a bag/mobile ohone/wallet which is all these theives are after usually.

A child loses a mother. A man loses a wife. Parents lose their daughter, friends lose a loved one. and for what? A purse.

Jennifer A. said...

Oh my God...

Writefreak said...

This is so sad! I'm also very angry! But unfortunately, we can't be God! We need a security system in this country, i really feel you

Gbemi's Piece said...

The security system is pathetic. We need to be our brothers' keepers since our government won't provide us with security. Weren't there others in the vicinity? This is really sad. I feel sorry for her family. What a tragedy.