Sunday, August 12, 2007

See me see toronkwacha.

My mum just came in to town. Na so I no dey hear word againooo. For the love of me, what are you going to eat, for the love of me, you are letting your husband drink garri, eh, with that many cubes of sugar, that is not how i treat you fatheroooo. Everyone that comes visiting, Eh, and you have to be careful with friendsooo, they will just snatch your husband. see how short that one's skirt is. "That one" is my sister's friend who does not have time for "'small boys''my husband is not on her level.(my sister is also with me which is why my mum is around).Are you not getting too fat,see your legs, and when I skip breakfast, she says I am not eating enough.

Anyway, the main gist is that I wan go do masters for obodo onyibo come september. My mother only just found out. Here goes:

Mama what is this that I am hearing?
Me what?
Mama That you are leaving your husband
Me Leaving my husband, why? I dey craze. Correct bobo like my husband why would I leave him , God forbid bad thing.
Mama Dont use that your smart mouth with me, you know what I mean. what kind of masters degree are you going for, these young people, how old is your marriage, you want to leave him alone, a girl will just come and put kop no me(some sort of love portion) for him. How can you want to take that type of risk?

And so my mother goes on an on. See me see troubleoo, my hubby and I have so carefully thought this out, no one has even bothered to ask me, why we have made this choice now, na so so scream dem dey scream, if no be say i know say my mama love me, I for think say she wish me bad luck. my dear hubby had never heard of Kop nno mi, now the boy is so curious, hey, see as people wan come teach my husbad how to cheat. Now I understand why most Nigerian men cheat on their wives. People actually expect them to.

All these blabbing, I neva get visaoooo, I know say she dey pray mountain of prayer make I no get the visa, God no go gree. This from a woman who studied in the US for three years, dint come home even once during that period, when I confront her, she says my father is a different kind of man, Shuooo, so na my husband come be adulterer.

Better gist. I have everything sorted out about my future life in the Uk except accommodation, I plan to live with my brother but I have been worried about inconveniencing him as he has a chic. Real bornagain naija chic, but you neva knowoo, cold fit catch dem some nights and she go wan sleep over, you know as those dia flats dey small.The whole of my bro's flat na like my kitchen. so I have been wondering, where I go live? na so my broda call me say dem don break up. Her mother said he is the reason her daughter had an extra, say he was distracting her,shuoo, my broda wey like book pass anything. Three hour lecture the woman gave him and then asked him to go see the girl's pastor. My brother being in love carry imself goooo, na so d pastor ask am 100 questions, that just did, he called the thing off. No be bera luck i get so. now i have accommodation problems sorted out, may my brother not discover my blog, or na underbridge I go live. Na ijebu dey do meoo, I no wan work and I no wan spend money for rent.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! @ your mother who apparently married the last good man.

Seriously though, she does have a point. Some guys stray. But if you trust your husband and know that you feel comfortable leaving him for a year, then why not?

I wish I had your brother's e-mail address. I would send him a link to your blog. ( I kid, I kid)

Nonesuch said...

ur mum is so funny. i will come over see her next weekend and tease her. it your call really and i think u shd go for the Masters. We dont want u old and miserable wt regrets so live your life to the fullest. i think u get my drift.

Sorry about ur broda i was actually looking forward to the wedding.When my broda was in finishing from Secondary school several years ago, his galfriend then who was in boarding house while my broda was in day school (2 different school by the way at 2 opposite ends of town) her mother walked up to my mum and asked her to warn her son ,my broda off her daugther cos he was the reason the gal didnt have 5 credits in one sitting. Trust my mum now.... story for another day.

TheAfroBeat said...

cool blog (Which i found through bitchy's)!! Your mum seems hilarious, a typically nigerian mother's way of looking out for her daughter...it's almost inevitable that we'll all end up the same...hehe.

A Kel called Wonder ...... said...

Wow, ur brave. I wish i could go do my masters and even get a job in some country. I can't leave not cos i dont trust my hubby just cos i cant. And to be honest it's best we do things for us, so we dont look back later and regret.

Hubby encourages me to get up and go. But somehow i just dont want us to be apart. Thanks this post is insipiring sort of cos yes we need to have and hold our own.

Good luck dearie and maybe u shld consider working a few hours in your uni or something just extras for clothes and maybe food and maybe splunge.

For the love of me said...

@ in my head, guys will cheat if they will,even if you are with them 24/7.
@ none such, my mum leaves todayooo, we neva see youooo.
@ Misan, thanx for stopping by, keep the afrobeat drumming.
@ a kel called wonder, you should get up and go, particularly if you have hubby's support, its not easy sha.I will try to ut in a few hrs every now and then, thanx for the advice. Didnt want to work cos i want to use the time to finish a novel I have been writing since forever, but it will be painful if I can't afford some great clothes so I probably should. Food, I already have budgeted for.

Shylle said...

Na wa for you and your mama o!
This is absolutely hilarious!
Cheers!

Sisbee said...

Girl go for it! But first hand, seperation is hard oooh! so be prepared! Hold firm to God, all is for a better life. And hope you enjoy the kitchn sized flat and wheather in jand!

Thirty + said...

Lol at your mum, mums and their wahala. Amen to that, hope your bruvs does not find out